Camu Camu is becoming increasingly popular throughout the world as a health supplement. Camu Camu is full of Vitamin C and is also good for your gums, among other parts of your body. The Camu Camu powder can be used to flavor your food and also your drink. Camu Camu are tiny berries that come from flooded areas in the Amazon forest from Peru, Brazil, Columbia, and Venezuela. This berry has incredible nutritional value along with many health benefits. Camu Camu is a high potent source of Vitamin C, MORE than an orange has. The Camu Camu powder has been known for its useful functions, which strengthens the immune system, good for strengthening the way your brain functions, and is also know as a “powerfruit.”
1 Box of Madhava Yellow cake Mix
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 eggs
1 Can sweetened condensed milk
1 Can evaporated milk
1 Can coconut milk
Whipped Cream Frosting
2 Cups heavy whipping cream
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 Teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup unsweetend shredded coconut toasted
Preheat oven to 350°
Bake cake per directions on cake mix box
While cake is baking, mix evaporated milk, coconut milk and condensed milk in a sauce pan on med heat, stirring frequently to avoid scorching, cook for 3-5 minutes. Removed from heat. Set aside 3 cups of mixture
Once cake is cooked, remove from oven to let cool for about 15-20 minutes. Once cooled, poke holes all over cake about 1/2″ apart. Slowly pour 1 cup of milk mixture over cake, let soak in, pour another cup over cake, let soak in and pour the last cup over cake.
In blender add whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla, blend until fluffy.
Top cake with frosting and then add toasted coconut
Considered the purest form of nutrients, super foods such as coconut water, acai and super greens are an easy way to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. From skin care to weight loss, super foods are an excellent way to get that summer body and glow. Here are 4 great ways to use super foods to maintain optimal health during those hot summer days.
- Lighten Sun Spots with Coconut Oil
Summer is the time we all like to soak up the sun, and enjoy the outdoors, but sometimes sun spots, otherwise known as age spots can be an unflattering consequence of the hot weather. During the summer weather we often leave our skin exposed to the elements causing premature aging. A natural and cost-effective way of reducing those unwelcome age spots is to use products or foods that contain anti-oxidants such as coconut oil. Anti-oxidants combat free-radical damage and anti-inflammatory ingredients necessary for optimal skin health. Coconut oil is naturally packed with anti-oxidants that will help fight against those sun spots you want to get rid of. Keeping your skin protected is very simple with coconut oil. After heading out, making sure your face is clean then gently massage a small amount of virgin coconut oil to prevent age spots from occurring. Don`t forget to protect your skin with sunscreen before you head out. Coconut oil is not just for skin health, but it also has tremendous benefits for your hair, and teeth
Rehydrate with Coconut water
It is getting hot out, you need to stay hydrated, but rather than reaching for that soda, why not consider grabbing some coconut water. Not only is it a delicious way to keep hydrated, but it is a super food that is nutritious for your body. Plain coconut water is a great way to enjoy a beverage that contains less sugar than soda or sports drinks. This is not only great for your body since coconut water is rich in potassium, but it is low in carbohydrates and sodium. Rather than grabbing a sugar laden beverage, grab a banana and some coconut water or make a fruity smoothie with coconut water. Stay cool and hydrated while you enjoy those summer activities, with this delicious super food.
- Get that summer glow with Acai berries
It is important to have good skin health all year round, but summer is the time when your skin is exposed most to the elements that can damage your skin. Acai is a super food that will improve the health of your skin. Because of its anti-oxidant properties, many modern beauty brands currently carry acai oil in their products. Acai is another great alternative that not only protects your skin now, but is also more beneficial in the long-run than chemical-based products. Acai is not easy to find at your local grocery store, but acai powder and acai capsules are a cost effective way to maintain skin health from the inside out. Acai is not only limited to skin health, but tit helps keep the digestive system clean, plays a role in keeping the health of your cellular protection system and aids in weight loss.
- Add a boost to your health with supergreens
Super greens are an ultimate super food naturally rich in in fiber, minerals and vitamins important for your overall health. Sometimes it is difficult to consume the daily recommended intake of greens, but supergreen powders, are an easy way to achieving your daily recommended intake. There are many delicious ways to consume your super greens using the SuperGreen Balance Powder, such as adding a few spoons of it into your delicious smoothies this summer or simply just take a couple capsules.
This summer, try some of these super foods for optimal health. Not only is coconut water, coconut oil, acai and Supergreens a natural way to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but they are a delicious way to enjoy what nature has to offer with family and friends this summer. Tells us, what are some of your favorite super foods and how do you use them?
1 Tbsp. Acai Powder
2 Tbsp. Water
1 Tbsp. Raw Honey
1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil ( melted at room temperature)
* Add all ingredients into blender bottle, shake to blend and pour over fresh salad or use as a cooking sauce for chicken, veggies or whatever your heart desires!
2 cups Water
1 Tbsp Coconut Water Powder
1 Tbsp Camu Camu Powder
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
1 Pear ( cut core out)
1/2 Cup Frozen Coconut Chunks
1 Cup Fresh Greens ( spinach and/or Kale)
1 Cup Ice
* Add all ingredients to blender and blend
#Smoothie #Coconut #CamuCamu #Naturalrxsupps
2 Cups Water
2 Tbsp. Coconut Water Powder
1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries
1 Frozen Banana
1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach
2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
* Add all ingredients to blender and blend
Top with coconut
3 Eggs (1 use just the yolk)
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Pieces of toast
1/2 Medium Avocado
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Green Tomato sliced
1/3 Cup Micro Greens
2 Pieces of Prosciutto
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1/3 Cup Water
In a small sauce pan heat 2 Tbsp. Butter on medium heat. Once melted, add 1 egg yolk and 1/3 cup water, whisk constantly for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
In a food processor add 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, juice of 1 Lemon, 1/2 Avocado, 1 Tsp. Sea Salt and the above butter, yolk water mixture. Blend until fully blended. Set aside.
Poach eggs; in a medium sauce pan fill 3/4 full of water and add 2 Tbsp. of Olive Oil. Bring to a boil and add 2 eggs, cook for about 5 minutes.
Toast Bread then layer with the prosciutto, tomato, micro greens, egg, shredded cheese and top with avocado hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste.
Extracted fresh out of nature, coconut oil has been used for thousands of years but has only recently burst into the mainstream. Gaining popularity for its multiple health benefits and never-ending list of uses, coconut oil has been deemed one of the most versatile, natural substances out there, ideal for everything from making your own toothpaste to seasoning a cast iron pan. We’re huge proponents of everything coconut oil has to offer – we even leave our very own cold pressed & hexane-free organic coconut oil unrefined so you can best reap all of its natural benefits. While the possibilities are pretty much endless, we’ve painstakingly narrowed it down to our favorite ten unique uses for coconut oil, so read on to find out why we, and so many others, swear by it.
- Improve blood cholesterol levels and lower risk of heart disease – Once upon a time, coconut oil had a bad rap because it was thought to be full of artery-clogging hydrogenated fats. Now that we are better informed, we know that coconut oil is free of cholesterol and trans-fats, and is actually packed with essential fatty acids that are highly important to our health. The saturated fats present in coconut oil have been shown to increase HDL (high density lipoprotein), which is the good cholesterol, and even out levels of the bas cholesterol, LDL (low density lipoprotein). This helps improve cardiovascular risk factors, which could result in the decrease of the risk of heart disease in the long run.
- Hair care – Great to use as a conditioning treatment, coconut oil can add moisture and shine to dull, damaged hair that is looking for a little bit of TLC. You can utilize it as a hair mask by melting it (you can do this by running the jar under warm water or using our oil warmer) and applying generously to damp hair after shampooing. Twist your hair into a bun and let sit for five to ten minutes before washing it out. You can also use it on dry hair for a quick frizz-fighting fix by applying a small amount to the ends for instant softness and sheen.
- Moisturizer – Coconut oil’s creamy consistency makes it an ideal moisturizer for thirsty skin. Apply a generous amount onto warm skin immediately after you shower so your skin can better absorb it. Choose to add drops of peppermint or lavender oil for an aroma therapeutic massage mix. If you want to cut down on some time in the shower and kill two birds with one stone, coconut oil is also great to use in a pinch for shaving – your skin will soak up the moisture and you’ll be left with a super close shave.
- Lip balm – Dry, chapped lips are the bane of existence when you’re left without a remedy. Cut down on drugstore costs and put that jar of coconut oil in your pantry to good use by applying a small amount on your lips to instantly rehydrate them. Stash some in a contact lens case or a small tin container for when you’re on the go. If you’re feeling a little more DIY, you can melt down coconut oil along with beeswax and shea or cocoa butter for added moisture and protection. You can also add essential oils and coloring if you want to make a tinted balm.
- Chemical-free makeup remover – A great alternative to store-bought makeup removers that are mixed with chemicals, coconut oil can be warmed up to a liquid consistency and then used on your face to remove any traces of makeup. You can use the oil by itself whenever you need to, but it’s really easy to make your own makeup remover wipes that are ready to use. Melt about 1 teaspoon of oil per round cotton pad and place them in an even layer in the container. Allow them to soak overnight and then store in a plastic baggy to keep moisture locked in.
- Topical treatment – Antibacterial ointments are great to use in a pinch to protect cuts and scrapes from infection and coconut oil can be used much like you would use Neosporin or any other topical treatment. Coconut oil creates a protective layer that will help shield wounds from infection.
- Oil pulling – While some natural home remedies aren’t substantiated and tend to fall short of their promises, coconut oil has been proven to detoxify the body of harmful organisms right at the source – your mouth! Also proven to help clear up skin and promote better oral hygiene, oil pulling involves swishing approximately a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes before spitting it out. With your body having to work less to flush out toxins, you may also find yourself more energized than usual. 20 minutes of swishing may seem daunting at first (the longer you pull, the more you detoxify,) so start with just five minutes a day and work your way up.
- Cooking – All natural, coconut oil makes a great addition or substitute to recipes you’re whipping up in the kitchen. Use coconut oil instead of shortening, butter, and other oils when baking for sweeter, lighter tasting desserts or use it to season a pan or skillet as a healthier, vegan alternative to fatty animal-based products. Spread it on toast, drizzle it over popcorn, and even add it to smoothies and teas for some added health benefits and flavor.
- Household lubricant – Things like WD-40 are great to have on hand around the house to quickly remedy squeaky doors, hinges and drawers. Surprisingly, coconut oil makes a great household lubricant and is ideal for making things run a little more smoothly if you’re in a pinch. You can also use it for small motors and electronics.
- For your pets – You’re not the only one who can benefit from the laundry list of uses of coconut oil – your four legged friends can too! Much like for humans, coconut oil helps improve coat condition, reduces or eliminates bad breath and generally works to help fight infection and disease by padding the immune system and improving metabolic function. If your pet’s ailments include skin conditions like eczema, flea allergies or general itchy skin, coconut oil makes a great all natural remedy.Share some of your favorite uses for coconut oil in the comments below and be sure to check out our entire stock of pure and raw natural products ideal for everyday health at Natural RX Supplements!